The Burroughs & Capps Childhood Cancer Scholarship
The Burroughs & Capps Childhood Cancers Scholarship is open to high-achieving current and incoming college students who meet the following criteria:
- You or an immediate family member have been affected by childhood cancer;
- You are enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate student or you are an incoming freshman at an accredited institution within the United States.
To apply, you must write an essay of at least 500 and no more than 1,000 words on one of the three topics listed below and submit an official high school or college transcript. You may only apply online at this website. Our attorneys will determine a selection committee to choose the winner and the winner will be announced publicly through the media and featured on our website in August of each year.
Deadline for Applications: July 15 of each year.
Application Essay Topics:
Your Application should include: a) 500 to 1,000-word essay on one of the three topic questions listed below and one (1) additional paragraph stating how this scholarship would benefit you. This paragraph will not count towards the word count of the essay.
- How has childhood cancer affected you in terms of your efforts to obtain an education?
- What adjustments have you made to become an effective student due to the effects of childhood cancer on your life?
- What one obstacle do people facing childhood cancers face that you would like the public to know about?
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited college or university as an undergraduate or incoming freshman at an accredited institution in the United States.
- Applicants must submit an official high school transcript (for incoming freshmen) or a college transcript (for college students who have already completed one or more semesters at an accredited college or university).
How to Apply
To apply for the Burroughs & Capps Childhood Cancers Scholarship, please fill out the application form on this page.
Terms and Conditions
For the terms and conditions of the Burroughs & Capps Childhood Cancers Scholarship, please see this link.